How to use a PS3 controller perfectly?
The Dualshock 3 controller for the Playstation 3 isn’t the easiest pad to get operating on a computer.
So why bother when something newer is so much easier to use?
In some ways, the PlayStation 3 controller remains unique.
The Dualshock 3 incorporates pressure-sensitive analog face buttons…
…which aren’t found on even the best PC controllers. As a result, the Dualshock 3 is the ideal controller…
…for playing PS2 games on the PCSX2 emulator.
Without the analog buttons, Metal Gear Solid 3 simply doesn’t play right.
If you prefer the feel of Sony’s previous controllers than the revamped Dualshock 4…
…this is the controller for you. Here’s how to receive your PS3 controller the easiest manner possible.
This is what Dan said….
As far as I know, The DualShock 3 is natively supported by Steam…
…so you can simply plug it in and configure it using the Big Picture mode Controller settings menu.
Steam, on the other hand, does not support the DualShock 3’s gyro controls or (more significantly!)
its analog face buttons, which is exactly what we’re looking for.
Follow this procedure to get the PS3 controller operating on your PC, including the buttons.
Cosmetically, the DualShock 3 is nearly identical to the Sixaxis, with the only differences being that “DUALSHOCK 3” is printed on the top (with the original “SIXAXIS” label moved down) and that the body is made of opaque plastic rather than the slightly translucent plastic used on the Sixaxis. The vibration function does not interfere with the motion sensing function, and both functions can be used at once
DualShock 3 according to Wikipedia
Review of the EasySMX SL-9111 Wired Joystick Gamepad for PS3
This is a review of the EasySMX SL-9111 Wired Joystick Gamepad from EasySMX…
…which is a wired joystick gamepad for the PS4 and PS3 consoles.
There are lots of joysticks on the market today…
…but few are as easy to use and affordable as the EasySMX SL-9111 Wired Joystick Gamepad.
A wired game controller is a popular choice for PC gamers.
The main reason is because the wires aren’t tangled up…
…and the cord can be easily tucked away when not in use.
However, these controllers are often expensive, and the wires often look ugly.
This review will show you how the EasySMX Wired Joystick Gamepad fits into your gaming experience.
This is an amazing game controller that offers a variety of controls…
…that will surely satisfy your needs as a gamer.
If you’re looking for a controller that will provide easy and comfortable gameplay…
…then this is the right gamepad that you should be purchasing.
Moreover, the gamepad is a wired controller that will work for most games on the PS3 and Xbox.
You can use it to play different kinds of games such as racing, fighting, and sports games.
The Gamepad is a 9″ controller with an analog stick.
There are no buttons, but it is compatible with all the other games that support XBOX 360 controllers.
It has vibration feedback, and a nice hard case to store it in when not in use.
The Joystick Gamepad is a wired joystick that plugs directly…
…into your USB port on your computer and has a cable that is long enough to reach your television.
With its advanced technology and impressive design…
…the EasySMX SL-9111 Wired Joystick Gamepad is a must-have item for any gamer.
If you’re looking for a high-quality, wired game controller…
…that will give your kids hours of fun with a variety of games and applications on the PC..
…then the EasySMX Wireless Joystick Gamepad is worth checking out.
The easy smx sl-9111 joystick is marketed as a wired game controller for pc, switch and ps3.
The joystick comes with an adjustable dual vibration feedback feature…
…that gives it the unique feel of a real joypad. Buttons on this joystick are symmetrical…
…which solves some issues you might face when playing games in multiplayer mode.
The joystick is one of the most essential parts in any controller.
If it’s not working, then the game you are playing will be a failure too!
The joystick can either have an analog stick or a digital pad pot…
…and both work differently on various games but some controllers include anti-slip pads for extra comfort.
EasySMX pc gamepad joystick with adjustable dual vibration, turbo and 4 programmable keys.
There is a slight space on the sides of the buttons which may not be comfortable for some people.
However, this doesn’t affect its overall performance as you can get used to it…
…while playing games or using standard pc button mapping software like joy2key.
The controller is perfect for casual and racing games…
…as you can simulate the real car with its high precision grip.
You also have a dual vibration feature that creates an immersive gaming experience…
…ensuring great performance in both first-person shooter (FPS)…
…like Halo 5: Guardians, or driving simulation such as Gran Turismo Sport.
This controller comes with four programmable keys which makes it easy…
…to customize your own key strokes, macros and button mapping all on one controller!
The gamepad features a USB 2.0 wired gamepad…
…which means that you can use it with any computer (laptop or desktop)…
…or even an old-fashioned console like the PS3, N64 and Xbox 360.
It will work on Windows 10 too – so if you’re looking for something to play PC games…
…on your phone/tablet then this is perfect as they don’t have keyboards anyway!
How to Connect a PlayStation 3 Controller to a Computer
- You’ll also need a mini-USB cable and the following files in addition to your DualShock 3 controller and PC:
- .NET Framework 4.5 (Microsoft) Redistributable Package for Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package for Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Web Installer for Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtime
- Driver for the Xbox 360 controller (only needed for Windows 7) In 2022, the 11 Best Micro USB Cables
- When you’ve assembled everything you need, here’s what to do:
- If your DualShock 3 controller is connected to a PS3, disconnect the PS3 from its power supply first to avoid syncing issues.
- Using a mini-USB cable, connect the DualShock 3 to your computer.
- Plug in your wireless Bluetooth dongle if your computer doesn’t have built-in Bluetooth capabilities.
- ScpToolkit Setup.exe should be downloaded and run. It should download all of the additional files it requires automatically, so simply follow the prompts.
- If you’re running Windows 7, you’ll need to download and install the Xbox 360 controller drivers.
- Select the big green button above Run Driver Installer on the window that opens up once the ScpToolkit finishes installing.
- Check the boxes next to Install DualShock 3 driver and Install Bluetooth driver on the next screen (if you have a Bluetooth dongle plugged in).
- Uncheck Install DualShock 4 driver (and if you don’t have a Bluetooth dongle, uncheck Install Bluetooth driver).
- Select the arrow next to it. To install DualShock 3 controllers, go to the drop-down menu and select your PlayStation 3 controller.
- If you’re using a Bluetooth dongle, click the arrow next to it. To install Bluetooth dongles, go to the drop-down menu and select your Bluetooth device.
- Install should be chosen. Select Exit when you’re done.
- In your system tray, the ScpToolkit Settings Manager will display. To add another device, select it.
The DualShock 3 should instantly function with the Steam client and any PC game that supports gamepads…
…once correctly installed. Although you may be able to change the control settings for particular games…
…bear in mind that your computer will identify the PS3 controller as an Xbox controller…
…so keep that in mind when changing the button mapping.
When you’re done playing, press and hold the PS button in the center of the controller to turn it off.
For the DualShock 3 controller to work on your PC, ScpToolkit must be running.
Next how to use a PS3 controller tips…
How to Use a PS3 Controller With a PC via Bluetooth
You’ll need either a PC with built-in Bluetooth capability or a Bluetooth dongle linked…
…in to utilize your PS3 controller remotely. Before you may play wirelessly, you must first plug in the controller.
If the necessary drivers are installed, the controller should instantly sync with…
…your PC over Bluetooth when you unplug it.
How to Use a PS3 Controller to a Mac
Because the essential drivers are already installed in OS X Snow Leopard and later…
…using a DualShock 3 controller with a Mac is significantly easier than connecting it to a PC.
However, setting up wireless connectivity necessitates some more actions.
You can skip steps 7-10 below if you have the most recent version of macOS, as the process has been simplified.
If your DualShock 3 controller is connected to a PS3, disconnect the PS3…
…from its power supply first to avoid syncing issues.
Insert a paperclip into the little hole beneath the L2 button on the back of the DualShock 3 to reset it.
Select System Preferences > Bluetooth from the Apple menu on your Mac and turn Bluetooth on.
Using a USB cord, connect the controller to your Mac.
Hold the PS button on your controller for 1-3 seconds until the red lights on the top of the DualShock 3 begin to flash.
Remove the controller from your Mac and unplug it.
Select Bluetooth Setup Assistant from the + symbol in the System Preferences menu.
Enter 0000 and select Accept when prompted for an access code.
Close the assistant and go to your System Preferences > Bluetooth > PLAYSTATION3 Controller.
Choose Add To Favorites and Update Services from the gear icon.
Wait a second after turning off your Mac’s Bluetooth.
Wait a second before turning on Bluetooth again.
Games that accept controllers should now operate with your DualShock 3.
And that is all for how to use a ps3 controller…
It’s entirely up to you whether you like to game with a console controller or not.
And it’s clear that you’re not alone. Many competitive gamers prefer to play with a console controller…
…rather than a regular keyboard and mouse.
And that is all for how to use a ps3 controller…
In any case, I hope this lesson demonstrated how to use a PS3 controller on a computer.
And if it didn’t, don’t hesitate to tell us about it in the comments.
Things like this can be perplexing, especially if you’re not used to executing such hacks on your own.
- You may like: Ipega Game Controller Brand Review: 5 Important Pros and Cons You Need To Know!
- You may enjoy this article about: EasySMX ESM-9110 2.4g Wireless Game Controller Best Review: 5 Pros and Cons You Need To Know!
- This article may be interesting: EasySMX Controller Switch Test Quality Review: 2 Important Advantages To Know!