How to clean mouse mat? Mouse mats are an essential part of any desktop, and if you’re looking for a way to keep your desk clean and tidy, then this post will be perfect for you. So read this article until end to know more how to clean mouse mat. In this blog, we also have an article about gaming mouse mat pad 3d sulfide non slip rubber that you might want to read about it.
How To Clean Mouse Mat
The mouse mat or some people called it mouse pad is a device that is typically placed on top of a desk, and is used to control the movements of the mouse. It is usually made of a fabric or plastic material, and is usually covered in a thin layer of dirt. This dirt is usually a combination of oils, food, and dust. It must be cleaned! Here are the steps to do it:
- Step 1: Remove the mouse pad from its packaging and set aside. If there’s any leftover tape around the edges of the package, remove it as well.
- Step 2: Next, place the mouse mat into a large bowl with warm soapy water. Make sure to use dish soap, not hand soap; however, make sure to use enough soap—you want to be able to see through the mat. The solution should be at least 4 inches deep.
- Step 3: Let the solution soak in the mouse mat for ten minutes, or until the stains have loosened up and gotten wet. You can also add a drop of dishwashing detergent to help loosen up any stubborn spots. Do not scrub–just let the water work its magic. Once done soaking, rinse off with cool water. A sponge brush would be helpful here. Let it air dry completely.
- Step 4: If necessary, iron out any wrinkles in the mat using low heat on a steam setting (or put it flat on a towel) to prevent warping.
Why You Should Clean It
Cleaning your mouse mat is a great way to reduce the chances of getting sick. It’s also a good idea to clean your mouse mat regularly to avoid the build-up of dirt and grime. Here are the reasons behind it:
1. Preventing Sickness
One of the best things about cleaning your mouse mat is the fact that it prevents sickness. When you touch something dirty, your body has to get rid of the germs somehow. Usually, your immune system gets rid of them by producing white blood cells. However, when you touch something like a mouse mat, which is often covered in germs, your body doesn’t have much of an opportunity to fight back against those germs. Since you don’t have many ways to kill them off, they just stay inside of your body and cause sickness. By cleaning your mouse mat frequently, you’re helping your body clear them out before they become harmful.
2. Reduces Stains/Dirt Build Up
When you touch a dirty surface, like your keyboard or mouse mat, it collects all sorts of unsavory stuff. All this unwanted mess eventually turns into a stain. And once it becomes stained, it’s hard to remove. Not only does cleaning your mouse mat eliminate these kinds of stains, but it helps you avoid having dirt smeared across your keyboard or mouse.
3. Keeps Your Desk Neat
You’ve probably seen people who have messy desks. Well, one reason their desks look messy is because they don’t clean their mouse mats. Dirt builds up over time, and without regular cleaning, it eventually leads to a cluttered desk. But by cleaning your mouse mat, you’ll keep your desk neater.
4. Keeps you More Comfortable
If your mouse pad is making your mouse move slower than it normally would, it may be because it’s dirty. Or if your desk is already too cluttered, then moving your mouse around isn’t going to be comfortable anymore. So giving your computer mouse and computer some TLC will definitely improve how comfy everything feels.
Related Articles For You!
- You may like: How To Flatten Mouse Mat? 2 Superb Guides To Do It
- You may enjoy this article about: Do I Need A Mouse Mat? 7 Fascinating Reasons Why You Should Have It
Our Latest Posts: