Does a gaming headset need surround sound? Some people argue that a gaming headset needs to have surround sound to be effective. Others say that a gaming headset should have a microphone to be effective. So what is the truth? Read this article until end to know more about it. In this blog, we also have an article about niye g10 wired gaming headset review that you might want to read about it.
Does A Gaming Headset Need Surround Sound
Surround systems are great for movie fans because they provide a more immersive experience. Video games benefit from surround sound as well. You should get a good quality headset if you want to enjoy your gaming experience. Surround Sound headphones are great for keeping track of sounds from all directions. Youtuber 3kliksPhilip shows how to use them in Counter Strike: Global Offensive.
What is virtual surround and true surround?
True surround sound systems use real speakers to create the effect of surrounding sound. Headphones usually have 5 or 7 speakers. Bass is created by an additional speaker.
Virtual surround sound uses software to simulate surround sound effects. These do not sound as good as real surround sound but are better than regular stereo headphones.
Most gaming headsets that are marketed having a surround sound actually uses virtual surround sound technology. Be careful when selecting if you want a real surround sound headset.
Are there any games that support surround sound?
Most modern games support surround sound, but there are some that do not. Surround sound is supported in 5.1 channels, but not 7.1 channels. Your sound card determines whether surround sound works in 5.1 channels or 7.1 channels. If you use headphones, then the difference between 5.1 channels and 7.1 channels is not noticeable.
There is no difference between 5.1 or 7.1 surround configurations. Both systems include a center channel speaker, two left/right channels, and a subwoofer. A 7.1 surround sound speaker system has the same configuration as a five-speaker surround sound system, but it also includes an additional driver on each side.
Should you use wired or wireless headsets?
Your choices and finances will determine whether you should use a wired or wireless headset. Each kind has its own set of advantages and disadvantages. As a result, you must determine for yourself which option is best for you. You may make your decision based on the following criteria:
- Portability – Both wireless and wired headsets are portable, but wireless headsets offer the benefit of not having actual wires that might tangle or damage as a result of stress. Furthermore, many wireless headphones can be folded, making them easy to store or wear around your neck.
- Sound quality – Many individuals believe that wired headphones provide better sound than wireless headphones. However, this is not always the case. Although wired headphones provide higher sound quality, the difference is negligible if you just play games or listen to low-quality audio files. In fact, the driver of the headset determines the sound quality. As a result, if you buy a more costly pair of wireless headsets, they may sound better than most wired headsets thanks to improved sound drivers.
- Convenience – Because there are no cables to handle, wireless headphones are easy to use and keep secure. Furthermore, you are not limited to a certain distance, which makes it ideal for video gamers who want to play games on TV rather than on their laptops or PCs. However, you must charge them periodically, which might be inconvenient during lengthy music or gaming sessions. Wired headphones do not need to be charged to use, but you are restricted to a certain distance and must manage the wires carefully since they may be destroyed if not handled properly.
- Compatibility – You may listen to music or view videos by plugging a wired headset into the audio port (3.5mm jack) of your laptop, PC, or mobile phone. Similarly, you may use Bluetooth or a wireless dongle to connect a wireless headset to your smartphone, laptop, or PC.
- Price – In general, wireless headphones are more expensive than wired headphones with the same characteristics. This is because there is so much technology crammed into such a little area. Thus, wired headsets provide better value for money and are suitable for those on a tight budget.
Related Articles For You!
- You may like: Are Gaming Headsets Good For Movies? 5 Superb Reasons Why It’s Good For Watching Movies
- You may enjoy this article about: Are Gaming Headsets Bad For Your Ears? 3 Superb Facts That You Should Know About It
Our Latest Posts: