Why my gamepad is not working? Controllers are a great way to enjoy your favorite games without ever having to touch a keyboard or mouse. But, sometimes they don’t work. Why is this happen? If you are facing the same problem, then you have come into the right place! Read this article until end to know more the reasons behind it. In this blog, we also have an article about, gtippor gamepad controller brand that you might want to read about it.
Why My Gamepad Is Not Working
Your PC may not be recognizing your controller if your gamepad doesn’t work. The reasons for this are numerous, and we’ll go over them one at a time. Try some basic troubleshooting approaches, such as:
- It’s possible that you’ve connected the controller to your computer’s USB 3.0 port and the PC isn’t seeing it.
To see if this fixes the issue, try plugging the USB cord into a different USB 2.0 port.
Also, if you’ve connected your controller to a USB hub, unplug it and plug it directly into your computer instead.
- Unplug all of your computer’s other peripherals, as having too many devices attached to your PC can result in the PC failing to recognize the game controller.
- A faulty controller or a defective USB cable can cause this issue.
If the controller does not work on another computer, we recommend plugging it into another computer to see if it helps. Many customers have observed that this problem only occurs on Windows 10 computers while using an older machine running Windows 8 or 7.
To test whether or not the controller works, plug it into the console of your choice, such as an Xbox or PlayStation. If none of the above attempts at troubleshooting proved fruitful, continue on to the more complex options listed below.
Consideration Before Buying Gamepad
A gamepad is a great way to have a lot of fun with your friends. You can play your favorite games with your friends and family. You can also play with them on the same screen. Here are some considerations before buying gamepad:
- How do you want the gamepad to fit in with your system? Do you prefer analog sticks or buttons? Analog controls are usually better when playing racing games or FPSs. Buttons provide a much easier control scheme for fighting games. Check out our gaming guide on choosing between analog vs. digital gamepads.
- Does your controller have triggers? Most controllers don’t need triggers but they look really cool! However, a few games will require the use of triggers.
- Are there any features you want included in your controller? For example, some controllers come with built-in speakers so you won’t need headphones. Some controllers come with Bluetooth functionality, which allows you to stream music from your phone. This feature is very useful because you don’t always have to connect your controller to your computer.
- What type of connection do you want between your gamepad and your computer? HDMI adapters typically offer higher quality than VGA connections. And sometimes, your controller might be able to connect wirelessly to your PC.
- Is your budget within reason? There are plenty of affordable wireless gamepads available online. If you find a good price but aren’t sure about the tech specs, ask friends who own similar systems what they think of their experience.
- Do you want a wired or wireless controller? Wired controllers tend to be more expensive but they last longer. Wireless controllers are cheaper and allow you to take the controller anywhere using a battery pack.
- Can you get rid of one controller and keep the other? As long as you have two or fewer controllers, you should be fine.
- Does the controller support joysticks? Joysticks normally cost around $10 extra and let you move your character/player in first person shooters. They’re worth getting if your favorite games don’t already include them.
- Will you replace the controller often? This depends on how you plan to use the controllers. If you buy a cheap set of controllers and never change them, then replacing them shouldn’t be a big deal.
Related Articles For You!
- You may like: Why We Use Gamepad? Superb 6 Reasons Behind Why We Use Gamepad To Play Games
- You may enjoy this article about: Which Gamepad Should I Buy? 3 Superb Facts That You Should Know About It
Our Latest Posts: