Why is wireless mouse not working? Ever been in a situation where you’re sitting in front of your computer and your wireless mouse is not working? Why does this happen? A wireless mouse is not always going to work because of a couple of reasons. Read this article until end to know more about it. Read this article until end to know more about why does my wireless mouse lag. In this blog, we also have an article about best wireless mouse bluetooth rgb rechargeable that you might want to read about it.
Why Is Wireless Mouse Not Working
- The wireless mouse is a great invention that enables us to move around freely without being tied down to a cord. The mouse is also great for gamers who want to use a mouse with a console. There are times when the wireless mouse seems to not be working, here are some reasons behind it:
- The batteries may have died and need to be replaced.
- In order to get an accurate reading from the mouse you have to sit at one spot for long periods of time. This means your movements will only register if you are moving. For example, if you are playing a game in front of a TV or monitor then the chances of getting an accurate readout from the mouse are slim.
- You might have set up the mouse incorrectly. Make sure the battery indicator on the top left corner of the mouse lights up and has a full charge before using the mouse. If there is no light or any indication on the mouse then you need to replace it. The mouse can be placed anywhere on the desk but make sure the cable is plugged into the USB port.
- You might have accidentally turned off the mouse by pressing the power button. To turn it back on simply press the button again to activate.
- The mouse might have been damaged due to excessive movement.
If none of these work try plugging it into another port on your computer. It could just be defective.
How To Fix Wireless Mouse Not Working:
Many people have a wireless computer mouse but they are not working. Here are some ways to fix it:
Change the Surface the Mouse is On
Optical mice can have trouble when using a shiny surface. A matte surface may fix this problem. Also try changing the surface of your computer..
Check the USB Dongle
Inserting the USB dongle causes Windows to search for driver files. Reinserting the dongle fixes any problems that occur during this process.
Adjust the Mouse Battery
Most wireless mice have a compartment under the bottom that holds the battery. Make sure you turn the mouse over and check if the battery is still there. Check if the battery is dirty or damaged. Clean the battery and put it back inside. Some wireless mice have an On/Off switch under them to save battery life. Make sure your mouse is turned on before you use it.
Change the Battery
We checked that the battery was installed properly and free of dirt and dust. Now, we need to change the battery. Remove the compartment under the mouse and replace the battery. If the mouse works after replacing the battery, then you’re done with troubleshootig. However, if the mouse still does not work, keep on reading to learn more about fixing this problem.
Clean Your Mouse
While your computer is away, make sure the mouse is cleaned and free of dust and debris. Loosen and remove the screws holding it together, then carefully pull apart the mouse. You may need to use a plastic tool to undo the retaining clip on the inside of the cover.
Cleaning the mouse track wheel and interior parts with alcohol is very important. Alcohol evaporates quickly, and you need to be careful not to get too much on your hands. Turn the mouse over after cleaning, and let it dry before using again.
Finally, test it to see whether everything is working properly.
Reboot Your Computer
A 3 pin reset is when you turn off your computer and then turn it back on. This resets everything including the mouse. You should do this if the mouse doesn’t work after turning it on.
Related Articles For You!
- You may like: Why Does My Wireless Mouse Lag? 9 Superb Reasons Behind It
- You may enjoy this article about: Are Wireless Mouse Faster Than Wired? 4 Fascinating Facts That You Should Know About This Gaming Gear
Our Latest Posts: