Why is my laptop underperforming? A lot of people think that the solution to their laptop’s performance issues is to buy a new one. However, this is not always the case. There are many things that you can do to make your laptop perform at its best. Read this article until end to know more about it. In this blog, we also have an article about q-tech nvidia mx130 gaming laptop review that you might want to read about it
Why Is My Laptop Underperforming
The time has come for me to retire my trusty laptop. I have used it for years and it has done a great job. But lately, it has been underperforming. After I research it, here’s the reasons why:
- My laptop is old – It has become slower over the years. This is because it was never designed to be fast. The processor is clunky, the RAM needs refreshing every so often and the hard drive is full of errors. In addition, there are also some other minor problems that need fixing.
- No anti-virus software installed on my laptop – If you don’t have an antivirus software installed, then you’re exposing yourself to malware attacks which could slow down your computer even further.
- Not using Windows 10 – Windows 10 comes with built in security features that can protect you against malicious programs and hackers. You don’t want those to go away when upgrading from Windows 7. So if you’re running Windows 7 or 8, consider installing Windows 10.
- Running multiple applications – It’s okay to run several applications at once but it will increase your system’s load. The reason behind this is because all these applications are competing for the same resources. If you run two word processing apps, you’ll notice that they hog memory and CPU cycles. And you won’t be able to switch between them as easily as before.
Consideration Before Buying New Laptop
If you find out any other problem that might exist, you should try repairing it first. Otherwise, you’ll just waste money buying a new laptop. Here’s what you should look for when buying a new laptop:
- Brand – Make sure that you choose a brand name like Dell, Lenovo or HP. These companies sell high quality products. They have extensive warranties and customer services available. Their laptops are usually expensive but worth it.
- Processor Speed & RAM Capacity – How much speed does your laptop have? Look into how much RAM capacity it has. What kind of graphics card does it have? Do note that most laptops have better RAM than desktop PCs.
- Operating System – Does it have a good operating system? Will it work well with your current setup?
- Screen Size – Have to screen size right? Find a laptop whose screen size suits your preference.
- Hard Drive Space – Check its storage space. Are you comfortable with your data being stored somewhere else? If not, you may want to consider adding another external hard drive.
- Battery Life – Just how long will it last? You should get at least six hours of battery life. If you’re looking for something that lasts longer, you should look for a laptop with a bigger battery.
- Price – Although buying a new laptop is expensive, but it’s also safer than getting a second hand one. Just make sure that it meets your requirements.
Related Articles For You!
- You may like: Why Gaming Keyboard Backlight Not Working? Superb 7 Reasons Behind It
- You may enjoy this article about: Do Gaming Keyboards Work On Mac? 4 Superb Facts About This Gaming Gear That You Should Know
Our Latest Posts: