Have you ever noticed that your controller keeps disconnecting in the middle of a match? why does my controller keep disconnecting? Even though it’s not connected to your console, it will keep sending commands, and your console may just stop responding. Read this article to know more about it. In this blog, we also have an article about choosing the right PC controller that you might want to read about it.
Beyond traditional gaming controllers, there’s also a host of specialized controllers, like joysticks and fight sticks, that are made to excel in specific types of games.”
Kevin Lee, author from IGN.com
What is a pc controller
A PC controller is a device that allows you to use your computer and play games with your controller. It has a lot of advantages like more convenience, control, and comfort. It also saves time because you don’t have to use the mouse or keyboard anymore. You can also play your favorite games without having to buy a gamepad. However, there are some disadvantages as well. For example, it’s not easy to carry around, so if you want to go somewhere else, you need to bring your computer but no gamepad. Another disadvantage is that the price is quite expensive compared to using a normal keyboard and mouse.
There’s something unique about using an excellent gamepad when digging into your favorite games. PC controllers not only feel like an extension of your arms due to their simpler, streamlined design, but they’re also far more intuitive to use, which allows you to be faster and more efficient as a gamer.”
Sam Desatoff, author from techradar.com
Why Does My Controller Keep Disconnecting
So, why does my controller keep disconnecting? In this case we are using PS 4 controller on PC. There might be a number of causes for your controller to constantly disconnecting from the PC. It might be due to obsolete Bluetooth drivers, signal interference, a broken USB port, difficulties with controller compatibility, or an issue with the operating system, among other things. No matter what version of Windows you have or what sort of controller you use, by the time you complete reading this post, you will have found a solution to the problem and will be able to play your favorite games without interruption.
PS4 Controller Is Disconnected From The PC (Bluetooth)
People who use a Bluetooth controller commonly have connectivity problems. First, we’ll discuss the way that works in the majority of circumstances; if it doesn’t work for you, keep reading; we’ve also indicated what to do when all else fails.
Even if you connect your controller to your PC successfully, your system may fail to install Bluetooth drivers, therefore ensure sure your PC installs Bluetooth services before connecting the controller.
Please keep in mind that this is not a one-time fix; you may need to perform this step each time you connect your controller.
- Step 1: If you’re using Windows 10, go to the control panel and search for “Device and Printers,” then click on it. If your controller is attached to your PC, locate it in “Device and Printers,” right-click on it, and choose “Remove Device.”
- Step 2: If your controller is not linked to your PC, access Bluetooth settings and click on “Add Bluetooth Device,” then simultaneously press the “PlayStation” and “Share” buttons on the controller to enable Bluetooth pairing mode. When you press both buttons for a few seconds, the controller will begin to flash, and your PC will identify it. (Do not press the Next button.)
- Step 3: Once your PC identifies your controller, right-click on it and then pick “Properties.” A dialog box will appear; tick the box “Drivers for keyboard, mouse, and so on,” and then click “Apply” and then “Ok.”
- Step 4: After installing the drivers, right-click on the Bluetooth icon in the system tray. To finish the procedure, click “Allow a device to connect” and follow the on-screen instructions. Hopefully, once linked, it will not disconnect again while you are gaming.
If It’s Still Not Working
If you have tried everything mentioned above and still facing the connectivity issue, you need to do some more things mentioned below, and you might find a solution. We have tried to include all the possible solutions of this issue; if none of them works, let us know in the comment section.
- Make sure the controller is charged.
- Try a different controller. If you have Xbox One or Steam controller, plug in any of them and test.
- If you are using a generic USB adapter, buy the Sony wireless adapter.
- If you play on Steam, check if it happens while you game on other platforms or play a game installed on your PC and see if it still disconnects or not.
- If the controller flashes red light to alert you about high lag, turn it off by holding the PS button and pair it again after 5 – 10 minutes.
- If you are using DS4 Windows, open its settings, and enable ‘Hide DS4 controller’, then connect the controller before launching the game.
- Try a USB 3.0 slot if you are currently using a USB 2.0 slot.