How to fix pc controller input lag? Gaming can be one of the most demanding forms of entertainment, especially when it comes to input lag. Input lag is a measure of how long it takes for a computer to react to your commands or game movements. For example, if you shoot at an enemy but your mouse pointer doesn’t register until after the bullet is fired, this could be considered input lag. Read this article until end to know more about how to fix PC controller input lag.
What is a PC Controller
A PC controller is a device that allows a user to use a computer without having to use the keyboard and mouse. A PC controller is connected to the computer via a USB port, and it can be connected to any other USB device such as a gamepad, or even a keyboard. Some PC controllers are also wireless, and they have their own wireless transmitter that transmits signals between the controller and the computer. The purpose of this guide will be to explain what a PC controller is, how it works, and what you should look out for when buying one.
PC Controllers come in different shapes and sizes depending on your needs. Most PC controllers are designed with two buttons, an analog stick, and often a d-pad. You may find other features like shoulder triggers, face buttons, start and select buttons, etc.
How To Fix Pc Controller Input Lag
V-Sync and Its Impact on Input Lag
V-Sync enables games to sync with the display’s frame rate and refresh rate. Disabling this parameter will unlock the FPS limit and reduce input latency. On the negative side, this might cause screen tearing.
When this option is disabled, the graphics card may transmit frames to the display as quickly as it can. When this option is enabled, the GPU is compelled to queue frames in order to match the refresh rate of the display. This results in up to 50ms of lag.
Using hidusbf to Overclock Your Controller
Overclocking your controller using hidusbf is one approach to reduce the input latency of your controller while gaming on a PC. This works with a variety of controllers, including the DualShock 4, DualSense, Elite controller, and others. Please keep in mind that your mileage may vary based on the controller you use. Some controllers will perform better than others. The following is a step-by-step method for overclocking your controller using hidusbf.
How to Setup Hidusbf Step by Step
- Get hidusbf from GitHub.
- You may place the files anywhere you wish.
- Connect your controller to your computer.
- If you have a PS4 controller, you must do the following steps:
- Install DS4Windows for PlayStation 4 controllers.
- It is possible that you may need to download and install.Net 5.0.
- Install the driver bus using DS4Windows.
- If you are using Windows 7, follow the installation instructions.
- When you’re finished, click Finish.
- Now, disconnect and replug your controller.
- When you do this, the controller will appear.
- If your controller does not appear, you must restart your computer.
This is how you connect your PS4 controller to your computer and get it to work correctly. If you have an Xbox controller, all the drivers are loaded immediately when you connect it in, so you don’t need to go through these procedures. Once the drivers are installed, it should operate as expected in a matter of seconds. Once that’s done, you may overclock your controller using the instructions below.
- Install the certificate that is included in the files obtained from the GitHub
- Start the USB Devices Rates configuration.
- Select all from the dropdown menu.
- Choose your controller from the drop-down menu.
- Check the Filter On Device box at the bottom.
- Choose Yes twice.
- Change the value to 1000 by clicking Default at the bottom.
- Click Install Service, followed by Restart.
- Wait a few seconds before unplugging and replugging your controller.
- It should vanish and reappear with the rate still set to 1000Hz.
Make certain that you use the correct connection to connect your controller to your PC. You should not utilize a shady cable that may or may not function correctly. We suggest running the X Input Test before and after overclocking your controller to check if there is a change in polling rate and to confirm that your controller has been overclocked. If you want to return to the default settings, pick the Default option at the bottom, click on Install Service, and then click Restart. This will return your controller to its default settings.