Why gaming mouse side buttons not working? Have you ever had a mouse with side buttons that just stopped working? Side buttons are not just for gaming. For example, side buttons can be used to switch between tabs in your browser, adjust the volume, or pause your music. Side buttons are a great way to get more use out of your mouse. But what if your mouse’s side buttons stop working? This can be a big problem. Read this article until end to know more about it. In this blog, we also have an article about aula rgb gaming mouse with side buttons brand that you might want to read about it.
Why Gaming Mouse Side Buttons Not Working
When the side buttons on your gaming mouse stop working, it can be a real bummer. It’s not just a matter of having to scroll through menus or windows with the scroll wheel, it’s also a matter of being able to use the buttons to change your in-game settings. Here are the reasons why gaming mouse side buttons not working:
- The button is defective (broken) and needs replacing by a professional technician. This may require you to send the mouse back to the manufacturer for repair. If this is the case then there may be warranty cover available covering any costs incurred.
- You have hit the “dead zone” with the side buttons, and they no longer work at all. In this scenario, the only way to get them working again is to press them very lightly – otherwise, the game will pick up that the button has been pressed.
- The button has become sticky from wear and tear and does not register a click when pressed down. To fix this, you’ll need to clean off the stickiness using a cloth dampened in rubbing alcohol. Avoid getting alcohol into the circuitry as this could cause permanent damage to the device. Be sure to dry the button thoroughly after cleaning to ensure moisture doesn’t return to the circuit board.
- There is some buildup of dust under the button which prevents it from functioning. Simply blow out the dust, making sure not to touch the button itself. Alternatively, gently wipe away the dust with a soft cloth if you don’t mind scratching the surface.
- The button was never used before, so it hasn’t had time to warm up. Use the mouse for a few minutes to enable the switch mechanism inside to come to temperature.
Consideration Before Choosing Gaming Mouse With Side Button
- Choosing a gaming mouse with side buttons is a big decision. There are many models to choose from, each with their own set of features. If you’re not sure which one to go with, consider the following:
- Size: Will you plan on using the mouse on your desk? If so, look for mice that are about 1/8″ tall, or less than 20 mm high. Look for a height which allows your hand to rest naturally without needing to stretch far to reach the top of the mouse. Also, make sure the mouse fits comfortably in your hand once positioned correctly. If you prefer to keep the mouse on your lap, look for smaller options.
- Buttons: Buttons vary depending on whether you want direct action buttons or more programmable buttons. Direct action buttons allow you to quickly execute actions such as double clicking the left mouse button to open a file or right clicking a menu item. Programmable buttons are often used to control programs like media players, games, etc. You can assign different functions to different areas of the button to create macros.
- Weight: Some people find heavier mice easier to maneuver while others feel lighter ones are better suited for long gaming sessions. Lightweight mice tend to be preferred by those who play fast paced first person shooters or racing simulators. When choosing a mouse with side buttons, try to balance weight between the two sides so you aren’t constantly fumbling around trying to find where you placed the mouse last.
- Warranty: A good quality gaming mouse should have a standard warranty period from the date of purchase. As always, shop around and read reviews before purchasing to determine what other users think of the product.
Related Articles For You!
- You may like: Will A Gaming Mouse Work On A Laptop? Yes It Is! 3 Superb Facts About This Gaming Gear That You Should Know
- You may enjoy this article about: When To Buy Gaming Mouse? 3 Superb Facts About This Gaming Gear
Our Latest Posts: