Why gaming keyboard backlight not working? As a gamer, the most important thing to have is a good gaming keyboard. When the backlight on the keyboard doesn’t work, it becomes a problem. You can’t see what keys you are pressing and this can be a major issue for gaming. What cause it? Read this article until end to know the reasons behind it. In this blog, we also have an article about best gaming keyboard mouse set with led backlight that you might want to read about it.
Why gaming keyboard backlight not working
A lot of people are wondering why their keyboard backlight is not working. This is probably because they are not using a gaming keyboard. Gaming keyboards have a different backlight than the regular keyboards. They have a higher level of light, which is usually blue in color. But when it’s not working, there are some reasons why it happens:
- Reason 1: Low battery voltage: If your computer has low power supply or if your laptop has a very small battery, then the lack of power may lead to the failure of the lighting system. The lights will still be lit but they won’t be as bright as before. So, make sure that the batteries are charged fully.
- Reason 2: Faulty wiring: A faulty or damaged wire in the wiring harness could have caused the backlighting to fail. Make sure that all wires are well connected with each other. This includes the cable from the motherboard to the keyboard.
- Reason 3: Bad switch: Sometimes the switches inside the keyboard aren’t functioning properly. In these cases, the backlit LEDs don’t turn on. It may also happen due to bad contact within the circuit board.
- Reason 4: Damage to LCD screen: The backlight sometimes flashes when the screen is turned off and this may indicate that something wrong is going on in the panel. Check whether the screen is cracked and if it is, replace it immediately.
- Reason 5: Overheating: If the temperature increases too much, it might damage the components. You need to keep an eye on the temperatures so that you can detect any abnormalities at the right time.
- Reason 6: Bad BIOS settings: Some manufacturers use a special setting called “factory mode” while others use a simple boot menu with no options available. Both methods result in having no backlights. To fix this, reset the bios settings by pressing F2 (or F12) during startup.
- Reason 7: Software malfunctioning: There are many software applications out there that allow you to control the backlighting feature of your keyboard. These include games such as World of Warcraft and Starcraft. Usually, the application needs to be updated. It can be done manually or automatically through the PC update utility.
So now, you should know how to fix the backlighting on your game keyboard. Try changing the cables and check whether it works like magic. If it doesn’t, then take your keyboard to service center where they will try to find the right solution for you.
Why Choosing Gaming Keyboard With Backlight?
Gaming keyboards with backlight are a great way to make your gaming experience more immersive. Whether you’re trying to sneak around in the dark or find a key in the dark, a backlit keyboard will help you see the keys more clearly. Here are some reasons why people choosing gaming keyboard with backlight:
- Better visibility: Having a backlight makes it easier to see what you’re doing and allows you to do it faster. This is especially helpful for gamers who play FPS games. Since most of the shots fired in those games come from the sides, having a better view of the keyboard can mean the difference between life and death.
- Improved ergonomics: When playing a video game, the position of your hands on the keyboard are crucial for completing tasks successfully. That’s why ergonomic design is important. It helps to reduce wrist pains and neck aches. Also, since the backlights provide additional light, it makes the mouse pointer brighter. This lets you aim the mouse cursor more easily, making it easier to perform moves and commands.
- Game-changing features: Even though you have a good video card, you still have to spend money on peripherals. A keyboard with backlight is a really affordable option because you get all three benefits mentioned above. However, if you want to go one step further, you can add RGB lighting into your gaming keyboard. This gives you even greater customization options. For example, you can change colors, adjust brightness level and set patterns.
- Safety: Many high-end gaming keyboards come with anti-ghosting technology which means that you’ll get fewer errors when writing things down on the computer. Also, it prevents you from accidentally hitting other keys during intense battles.
Related Articles For You!
- You may like: Do Gaming Keyboards Work On Mac? 4 Superb Facts About This Gaming Gear That You Should Know
- You may enjoy this article about: Do Keyboard Switches Matter? 3 Superb Reasons Why Keyboard Switches Matter
Our Latest Posts:
How to Choose Gaming Laptops Refurbished
Are you looking for a gaming laptop that’s refurbished? If so, this blog post is [...]