Can headset cause ear infection? Do you wear a headset for long periods of time? Many people use headsets for a variety of reasons. There are many different types of headsets available, including models that are designed for individuals with hearing loss. Find out more about it by reading this article until end. In this blog, we also have an article about best professional led light headset for computer that you might want to read about it.
Can Headset Cause Ear Infection
So, can headset cause ear infection? When worn incorrectly, headphones and headsets can cause ear infections. In the meanwhile, you can keep your headphones. In reality, only four cases of chronic middle ear infection and no cases of external ear canal infection were detected in a survey of 136 customer service representatives. That’s less than 3% of the whole workforce who use headsets on a regular basis. Find out more about can headset cause hair loss from this blog too.
Wearing headphones, especially for extended periods of time, can increase the temperature and humidity inside the ear canal, creating ideal conditions for bacteria to grow, making us more prone to infection. If we don’t clean, or change, our headphones regularly this can cause bacteria to be introduced into the ear canals where they can start to spread.
Lack of air circulation that comes with the use of headphones, especially those that sit in the ear canal, also promotes a good breeding ground for bacteria, further increasing the risk of developing ear infections.
Sign Of Ear Infection
Dr. Ralph says that if you have ear discomfort, itching, leakage, or discharge from the infected ear, you likely have an ear infection. Ear infections may also cause discomfort in the ears, as well as other symptoms such as blocked sensations in the ear and nausea. Fever is another possibility. According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, a temperature of more than 100.4 degrees is indicative of a fever. “External ear infections are treated with topical antibiotic drops, antifungal drops, or a topical steroid drop, depending on the presumed underlying cause of the disease,” Dr. Ralph added.
What To Consider Before Choosing Good Headset For Your Ear
Choosing a good headset is a difficult task. There are a lot of factors that you need to consider before you start shopping for one. Here are the factors before buying it:
- Comfort – The first thing to think about when choosing a headset is comfort. You want something that will feel comfortable no matter what you do while wearing it. Make sure there are few parts that rub against your face.
- Fit – A poorly fitting headset could make you uncomfortable for hours at a time. It should fit snugly around your head so that it doesn’t fall off. It cannot slip down over your eyes. Also, check if your headset has some kind of adjustable nose pads. This allows you to adjust the position and size of the headset according to your requirements.
- Noise Reduction – Another important factor to consider is noise reduction. There are two kinds of noise that occur while using headphones – ambient noise and internal noise. Ambient noise refers to outside noises. Internal noise refers to sounds coming from within the device itself. While listening to music with headphones, you might not care much about ambient noise but you definitely would not like to hear the sound of your own voice in your own ears. So, it’s important that the headphone reduces or eliminates all types of noise, including both ambient and internal noise.
- Features – Apart from its functionality, features play an equally important role in determining how much value a product offers. For example, if you buy a new phone, you would probably go for a model that provides many exciting features. Similarly, it makes sense to look for a headset that offers a wide range of useful functions.
In this blog we also have an article about can a headset dent your head by reading that article in this blog.
Related Articles For You!
- You may like: When Were Mechanical Keyboards Invented? 3 Fascinating Facts About This Keyboard
- You may enjoy this article about: When To Clean Mechanical Keyboard? 4 Superb Facts About Cleaning Your Mechanical Keyboard
Our Latest Posts: