Can computer monitor be used as tv? Computer monitors are not just for computers anymore! With the right cable, you can turn your monitor into a TV. Find out more about it by reading this article until end. In this blog, we also have an article about best portable monitor for laptop that you might want to read about it.
Can Computer Monitor Be Used As TV?
So, can computer monitor be used as TV yes it is! Consider these considerations before you utilize a PC display as a TV:
- First and foremost, let’s talk about the sources of data. An antenna or set-top box is required to receive the television broadcast. The most popular connector for television equipment, such as Sky or Freeview boxes, is HDMI, which can be found in nearly all modern displays. It’s possible to utilize an Amazon Fire TV Stick with your display instead of a connected PC because HDMI is also used for these devices (note: the Fire TV Stick will also need a spare USB port to power it).
- A inexpensive cable or converter may be purchased to convert HDMI to DVI or VGA, for example, if your display does not have an HDMI port.
- You should be set to go if your screen has a spare input port, right?
- Well, that’s a start, but it’s not over yet. Audio is one of the biggest drawbacks of utilizing a computer display as a television. There are several PC displays that do not include speakers. You won’t be able to hear anything when you connect a television set-top box through HDMI.
- This issue can be overcome. If your set-top box has dedicated audio outputs, you can hook up a pair of speakers or a soundbar. If the monitor doesn’t have a built-in audio output like a 3.5mm headphone jack, you may be able to use it with external speakers. Examine all of the available ports on your television or set-top box.
- It’s important to consider aspect ratio and refresh rate if you want to utilize a PC display as a television.
- If you’re using a PC monitor, you may notice that it has a little squarer aspect ratio than most dedicated televisions. Using it as a television may result in a squished picture or large black bars at the top and bottom of the screen.
- Fast-moving activity, such as football matches, may smear across the screen due to monitors with a low refresh rate.
Find out more about why does my computer monitor keep losing signal by reading this article in this blog too.
Screens capable of doing both functions
To get the best of both worlds, there are a slew of dual-purpose PC/TV monitors available. In most cases, a television can take a computer’s signal, but if you have a recent laptop, you may need to purchase a USB-C to HDMI adapter. To avoid pixelated computer text on a 24-inch screen, ensure that the screen resolution is at least 1080p (or Full HD).
For example, the Samsung Smart Monitor line can edit Microsoft Office documents without the need to connect a computer to the device. The prices, on the other hand, are fairly hefty. Find out more about can computer monitors be recycled that you might want to read about it.
What To Consider Before Choosing Computer Monitor
Your computer monitor is more than just a screen. It is your window to the world. What you see on your monitor is what you see in the real world. It is the window to your world. So how do you know what is the best monitor for you? Here are some factors before you buy it:
- The size of your desktop or office space: Even though we’re talking about monitors, everything you see on them depends on where you place them. A big desk means a big screen. But a small desk would naturally mean a smaller screen. That said, don’t worry if you find yourself facing this conundrum—there are solutions.
- Consider your budget: Not all monitors fall into one category only. Therefore, you must pay attention to the price. Some monitors come with huge discounts while others cost extra bucks.
- How often will you watch movies or play games on your computer? A high-resolution screen helps in watching videos better.
Related Articles For You!
- You may like: When Were Mechanical Keyboards Invented? 3 Fascinating Facts About This Keyboard
- You may enjoy this article about: When To Clean Mechanical Keyboard? 4 Superb Facts About Cleaning Your Mechanical Keyboard
Our Latest Posts: