Tempered Glass Side Panels vs Acrylic Pc Case. Which one is the best?
When tempered glass side panels were swiftly launched in some of the cases on the market…
…the PC case business exploded. The advantage of these side panels was that they were scratch-resistant…
…and more crucially, they looked a lot nicer than acrylic side panels, which were prone to scratching.
Companies used to charge a premium for tempered glass when it was first introduced.
It wouldn’t make sense all of the time.
However, as the more widely available acrylic side panels were phased out, prices began to fall.
This is what Emily think…
According to my understanding, crylic is a plastic polymer substance that becomes malleable or moldable…
…at a high temperature before solidifying when cooled. Despite not being a type of common silica-based glass..
…the substance is frequently regarded as a type of glass, as are many thermoplastics.
A computer case, also known as a computer chassis, tower, system unit, or cabinet, is the enclosure that contains most of the components of a personal computer (usually excluding the display, keyboard, and mouse). Cases are usually constructed from steel (often SECC—steel, electrogalvanized, cold-rolled, coil), aluminium and plastic. Other materials such as glass, wood, acrylic and even Lego bricks have appeared in home-built cases.
PC case according to Wikipedia
Acrylic PC Case on Work Rift
Best Gamer Case Acrylic PC Mini ITX Case Aluminum Cooler
This case has round holes and hexagonal holes sent randomly, thank you!
- Case size: 192*114*234mm
- Material: 6061 T6 aluminum alloy
- Aluminum Thickness: 3mm
- HDD bit: 7mm HDD 2.5 inch *3
- Cooler support: 48mm
- PSU support: 1u flex psu 170*80*40mm
- Motherboard support: ITX motherboard 170*170mm
- Cooler fan support: top 9015*2 or 9214*2
- Video card support: 188*130*44mm
- Net weight: about 1.8KG (Gross weight 2.5KG)
- Front interface: USB 3.0 *1, power switch *1
32*18*41cm computer case ATX Full-side Acrylic Transparent
- The exclusive game case was meticulously designed with cool lighting by professional PC enthusiasts.
- Seven-color light mode, four-color breathing light rolling mode, seven-color pursuit mode, seven-color running water horse-lantern mode, panel streamer light bar
- Complete penetration on both sides The lamp effect is more attractive with 4 mm Acrylic sheet, and the lamp effect is more transparent with 4 mm Acrylic sheet side plate. Internal shot of the chassis in high quality side panel.
- Peripheral interface on the top. Many external ports are available to fulfill the demands of everyday office and gaming.
- High-speed USB3.0 transmission, which is more efficient.
- Water cooling equipment is supported by the chassis, and the hardware rear plate supports 120mm integrated water cooling equipment.
- Fast heat dissipation with three-dimensional air duct. Four fans form a three-dimensional air duct that effectively removes waste heat and ensures long-term performance.
Acrylic PC Case
The world was taken by storm when acrylic side panels were first offered to the market.
PC enthusiasts may finally show off the insides of their computers.
This sparked the development of LED lighting, as well as a slew of other wonderful parlor…
…tricks that transformed PCs from their industrial designs into show-stoppers.
Acrylic, on the other hand, has almost fully been phased out, with only a few cases still including these panels.
Benefits of Acrylic Side Panels
To be honest, there aren’t many advantages to having acrylic side panels installed.
However, it is preferable to examine them.
- They Won’t Break: One of the most important things to remember is that acrylic side panels don’t break easily. Although it is primarily made of plastic, it is resistant to fracture and will not cause a disaster if the acrylic side panel is dropped.
- Low Weight: Another advantage is that these panels are rather light. So, if your case has an acrylic panel instead of a tempered glass panel, you’re good to go in terms of weight.
- Regrettably, the advantages stop there. Sure, acrylic side panels have seen better days, but there was never much glory to begin with.
Disadvantages of Acrylic Pc Case
Now, as for the drawbacks, you may find them listed below.
- Acrylic side panels are prone to scratching, which is one of the most significant disadvantages. You won’t get much time with these panels because they tend to give up after a while.
- Can Warp When Heated: Your PC will undoubtedly disperse heat, and given how hot things can get, one thing to keep in mind concerning these side panels is that they can warp when hot. Sure, it’s not a typical occurrence, but it still happens, so keep that in mind.
- While the drawbacks may be less severe than those of tempered glass panels, one thing that cannot be forgotten is that they are still quite serious.
Which One Should You Buy?
Both scenarios have their own set of advantages and disadvantages.
Glass is more attractive, easier to clean, and will endure longer. A single blunder, on the other hand…
…might result in a pricey repair and a headache-inducing cleaning procedure.
Acrylic is less expensive, won’t break, and still allows you to show off your computer.
It will, however, not endure as long as a glass case.
In any case, if you have the option, go for a glass casing.
Because PC cases aren’t designed to be moved around a lot, the weight may not be an issue.
Your case will last you a lifetime if you take care of it.
That isn’t to imply that acrylic cases aren’t useful. Acrylic cases are a wonderful choice…
…if you require a case that you will move around a lot and don’t mind a few scratches.
While the acrylic side panel trend is gradually dying out, it’s more crucial to remember that…
…tempered glass side panels are here to stay. There are certain drawbacks…
…but keep in mind that they are minor and, at best, subjective.
And, that is for how to choose between acrylic pc case and the other.
How do you choose your acrylic pc case?
Let us know your experience acrylic pc case on the comment section!
Related Articles For You!
- You may like: How Many PC Case Fans Do I Need? Superb 4 Thigs That You Need To Know About This
- You may enjoy this article about: Do All PC Cases Fit All Motherboards? Superb 3 Ways To Choose The Right PC Case For Your Motherboard
- This article may be interesting: What Size PC Case Do I Need? Superb 3 Facts Of That You Should Know About This
Our Latest Posts: