How to adjust gaming chair height? There are plenty of options out there when it comes to gaming chairs. Not all are created equal and the most important factor is that they provide comfort for hours on end without straining your back or neck. Here’s how to adjust your gaming chair height, so you can get the best possible support. In this blog, we also have an article about good chair for console gaming that you might want to read about it.
A gaming chair is a type of chair designed for the comfort of gamers.”
What is gaming chair and why do you need it?
If you are looking for a way to play your favorite games in comfort and style, you have to get a gaming chair. Gaming chairs are designed to provide you comfort, as well as allow you to play your games for a long time. The chairs are usually equipped with comfortable armrests, backrest, and the seat cushion, which allows you to relax and play for long hours.
These chairs are designed to offer you comfort while you are playing. There are different types of gaming chairs to choose from, such as computer gaming chairs, gaming chairs for console games, and the classic gaming chairs.
If you want to treat yourself this year the best gaming chair can be a truly tangible upgrade to your gaming setup.”
Jacob Ridley, PCGamer.com
Consideration Before Buying
Comfort and style are two major factors that you have to consider when you are looking for a gaming chair. Some of the most common styles of gaming chairs are the console gaming chairs, the computer gaming chairs, and the classic gaming chairs. The computer gaming chairs are designed to be ergonomically sound, which means that it can support you for long hours while you are playing. These chairs have a tilt and height control for your comfort and style. Here are some consideration before buy it:
- Size – You have to measure the size of your room before buying one of these chairs. If your room has more than one seating area, then you should make sure that you pick a size that fits all of them. This includes your TV stand, couch, table or desk. Also, if you want to use this chair in another room, make sure that it can fit there too.
- Design – You can find many models of gaming chairs online. They come in various designs, colors, shapes, sizes, and materials. Make sure that you check out their reviews and customer feedback before purchase.
- Durability – Choose a model that will last you for years to come. It’s not just about price, but also durability. When you see how much they cost, you may think that they are expensive and thus would not last you. But actually, once you try it out, you will know that they would serve you very well.
- Ease of Use – There are many models of gaming chairs that are easy to operate. Check on how simple it is to move around, adjust its height, tilt, and recline.
- Cost – Once you have found the right model, look at its prices. Compare the prices and make sure that you don’t overspend. In fact, you could save more money by purchasing several of these chairs instead of buying only one.
How To Adjust Gaming Chair Height And Set It Up
A gaming chair or office chair must be adjusted to the occupant’s physical proportions. Work your way up for the most ergonomic sitting. When the chair is appropriately adjusted, proceed with the desk height and screen positioning:
Adjust The Proper Seat Height
The chair’s height is determined by the length of the bottom leg. While the feet are level on the ground, the upper and lower legs should generate an angle in the knee that is more than 90 degrees. Depending on your comfort level, you may increase the angle even further so that your thigh forms a sloping line to the knee and your knees are lower than your hips.
It is critical that you maintain solid touch with both feet on the floor at all times. When your back is leaning on the backrest, your upper torso and thighs should be at an angle of no less than 90 degrees. When chairs are placed too low or too high, it causes extra muscular tension, back strain, instability, and back discomfort.
Adjustment of Seat Tilt
A seat tilt adjustment that permits the seat pan to be gently slanted forward is required in good chairs. This will move your pelvis forward slightly, producing a healthy sitting position that your spine prefers.
The length of your thighs determines the optimum seat depth, or the length of the seat from the front edge to the backrest. There should be a two to four-finger space between the seat edge and the calf, while your pelvis and back are in touch with the backrest. It is critical to prevent the chair’s edge rubbing into the back of your calves, since this may hinder blood circulation in the legs.
Backrest and Back Tilt Adjustment
After that, adjust the lumbar support so that the lumbar cushion fits comfortably in the curvature of your lower back. It may take some time to adjust to the mild pressure in your lumbar region.
Adjust the back tilt so that you are sitting upright. A small pressure from the backrest, which supports the natural curvature of your backbone, should raise your head over your pelvis.