Do Any Headphones Work On PS4
So, do any headphones work on PS4? Absolutely yes! You can certainly use standard headphones with the PS4. The PS4 adheres to the Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association (CTIA) standard for headphone jacks, which is the newer, more widely used configuration. This implies that although most headphones should function perfectly, some may need some tweaking or even third-party devices. In this blog, we also have an article about havit gaming headphones review that you might want to read about it.
As the name suggests, a gaming headphone is a headphone device that’s designed specifically for playing and enjoying video games. It differs from regular headphones as gaming headphones are made with a focus on game-enhancing experiences, such as comfort, microphone quality, and audio quality.”
How to Connect Wired Headphones to a PlayStation 4
Most headphones with a 3.5mm audio connector will function on the PS4 with a few adjustments to the settings. Non-compatible wired headphones (those that adhere to the OMTP standard) may, nevertheless, be used with the assistance of a converter. Here’s how to do it:
- Turn on your PS4 and use the controller to browse to the Settings menu.
- Scroll down and click on Devices.
- On the Devices page, you’ll find a list of all the devices that can be connected to your PS4. Select Audio Devices because we want to connect a set of headphones.
- Connect a wired headset to the PS4 controller.
- Choose Output Device, then Headset Connected to Controller.
- Return to the Audio Devices page and choose Adjust Microphone Level to properly configure and test your headset microphone. Using the slider, adjust the microphone input volume as needed. Note: It should be noted that the PS4 does not automatically transport all audio to the headphones. If you’re okay with the voice chat audio playing via your headphones while the game audio plays through your TV’s speakers, you can stop here. However, if you wish ALL audio to be played via your headphones, continue to the following step.
- Return to the Audio Devices page and choose Output to Headphones, followed by All Audio.
While cheap headphones may technically play a game’s sound, a great gaming headset can highlight important noises, deliver rich music, let you customize your soundscape for different applications and communicate with your teammates with a high-quality mic.”
Marshall Honorof, author from tomsguide.com
How to Choose Headphones For PS4
Investing in a high-quality gaming headset is the best way to get the most out of your PS4 experience. You don’t have to break the bank or spend a lot of money since “cheap” doesn’t necessarily correspond to “high-quality.”
If you’re looking for the best wireless headphones for the PS4, be sure to read our review.
Check out our in-depth article for a detailed look at gaming headphones and an in-depth guide to picking one.
- 5.1 Surround Sound
This does not necessarily imply that you must purchase the official/branded PlayStation headsets mentioned on their website, but you must check to see whether the exact model is compatible with the PS4. Although any pair of headphones will suffice, it is always preferable to invest in something that will not need any further costs.
Whether you drop down to the WarZone as a fully loaded squad of four or want to play a solo RPG as a member of the Phantom Thieves, you’ll most likely be gaming for hours on end.
Because you’ll be playing for so long, you should invest in a set of headphones that favor comfort above aesthetics. The form factor, ear cup material, weight, and headband clamp force of your headphones may all have an impact on their overall comfort.
You’ll want a form factor that fits your demands while also ensuring that the ear cup material is light and allows for airflow through your ears. If at all feasible, your headphones should include an adjustable headband that allows you to tighten or relax the headset as required.
5.1 Surround Sound
This is a “bonus” aspect that is pleasant to have but isn’t absolutely required. Using headphones that provide precise omnidirectional hearing, on the other hand, may frequently provide you an edge in particular games since you can hear the direction of specific noises such as footsteps.
A good microphone is essential if you want to fully enjoy and use the PS4’s gameplay and conversation capabilities. This is particularly true while playing competitive multiplayer games online, when effective communication and coordination are required with friends or strangers.