Can you use a game controller on a laptop? If you are an avid gamer and have always wanted to use a game controller on your laptop, you’re in luck. Gaming peripherals have taken the gaming world by storm and now can be used on most laptops with the help of a dedicated software. Read this article until end to know more about it. In this blog, we also have an article about redragon harrow gaming controller review that you might want to read about it.
A game controller, gaming controller, or simply controller, is an input device used with video games or entertainment systems to provide input to a video game, typically to control an object or character in the game”
What Is A Game Controller
A game controller is a device used to play video games. The main purpose of a game controller is to move the player’s character on the screen of the game. A game controller can be as simple as a joystick or as complex as a full computer-controlled device. Some controllers are designed for specific consoles, others for PC and laptops.
The first game controllers were joysticks. This type of controller was invented in 1977 by John H. Edwards. He named it “Joystick” because he thought that his invention would be useful for controlling car navigation systems like those found in cars at the time. In fact, some car manufacturers did actually make this happen.
In 1979 Nintendo released what we know today as the original Gameboy. It had a game controller with two buttons: Up and Down and one directional pad (invented later). The original Gameboy game controller has been updated several times since then.
The input device used to control a video game. Controllers have evolved from a single joystick with one button to devices with joy sticks, pedals and dozens of buttons.”
Can You Use A Game Controller On A Laptop
Yes, you can use a game controller on a laptop. There are various controllers available in the market, but some are best suited for certain games. You can use a game controller on a laptop if it is compatible with your system. If you want to play games on your laptop and you have a game controller, then you can use it on your laptop.
How To Use Gaming Controller On A Laptop
Setting up one of the finest PC game controllers on your gaming desktop or laptop is relatively simple for the most part, but there are some minor changes between peripherals to be aware of. Here’s how to get started using your preferred gamepad.
Controllers for Xbox One and Xbox 360
- Microsoft’s Xbox controllers are the gold standard for PC gaming, owing to their ease of use. Simply insert your Xbox One or Xbox 360 controller into your PC’s USB port, wait a few seconds for some drivers to download, and you’re ready to play.
- You have a few choices for wirelessly connecting your Xbox controller. You may purchase a wireless adaptor for your Xbox One or 360 controller that connects into a USB port and detects the signal from your gamepad. Because newer Xbox One controllers have Bluetooth, you can connect them in Windows by going to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth.
- Finally, if your system has Xbox Wireless capability, you may connect your controller by heading to the Devices menu and choosing Add Bluetooth or other device > Everything else > Xbox Wireless Controller.
Consideration before choosing Game Controller
Game controllers come in different shapes and sizes. There are game controllers for all types of games, and there are even game controllers that you can use for more than one type of game. These different kinds of game controllers serve different purposes. Here are some considerations before choosing game controller:
- How big do you need the game controller? For small children, a smaller game controller will suit them better. On the other hand, adults generally prefer larger controllers.
- Do you play many different types of games on your laptop? Most people play only one kind of game on their laptop. But depending upon the size of the game controller, you may find yourself using the same game controller for multiple games.
- Are you comfortable using a keyboard instead of a mouse? Some users are uncomfortable using a game controller with a keyboard. So, if you are not comfortable using a keyboard while playing games on your laptop, then you should consider buying a game controller with touchpad.
- Which game controller suits you best? Depending on your gaming needs, you can choose one or more suitable game controllers from the wide range available in the market.