This time in this article we will provide you a BBEN G17 Gaming Laptop Review.
Here we have yet another Gaming laptop from BBEN.
BBEN released some G series laptops last year with high-end hardware.
The new BBEN G17 Notebook from BBEN can be seen here.
In this BBEN G17 notebook, you will find some of the premium gaming hardware.
With its combination of SSD and HDD storage, it offers some variation…
…when it comes to internal storage space. Its price will depend on the storage you choose.
In this case, we selected a combination of a 128 GB SSD and a 1 TB hard drive.
Other features include a big full HD screen, a powerful Intel 7th processor, and large RAM.
We have discussed in detail the features and specifications of this laptop.
Here are a few words from Laura…
My little brother’s laptop broke a few months ago.
Since he needs the laptop for school, I know he’s still sad.
By saving money from my part-time job, I purchased him a new laptop.
I wanted him to have the best computer possible.
I bought her a gaming laptop last week that will allow him to be both productive and playful.
He looks very happy, and I’m glad to see him smiling.
Now let’s jump right in!
BBEN G17 Gaming Laptop Review
Due to its 17.3-inch display, the device is quite large and cumbersome.
It weighs approximately 2.8 kilograms.
Available in black metallic with a red accent, the device weighs approximately 3.25 pounds.
Below the display you can see BBEN in white and silver.
BBEN G17 is quite ventilated, which is important for a device like this.
It is also quite thick and sturdy. When it comes to black notebooks…
…RGB keyboard backlight is a perfect match.
Here we show you everything about this BBEN G17 Notebook.
You can get to know about it before purchasing this notebook…
…and you can grab it at very discounted deal offer price here.
BBEN G17 Notebook Features & Specifications
BBEN G17 Operating System (OS)
This device comes with the option of using an open source operating system.
The device comes with the latest Linux operating system.
Linux runs fast without any problems and is lightweight.
For those who want another operating system…
…you can clean the hard drive and install a new operating system such as Windows or Mac.
BBEN G17 Battery
With a decent battery, this device is powered for a long time.
It comes with a Li-ion polymer battery of 4000 mAh.
To charge the battery to 100%, it takes 2 hours to 3 hours.
Depending on your usage, you can also get an average usage time of up to 4 hours.
BBEN G17 Display
You can enjoy BBN on a big screen because the device has been made big.
- Screen Size: you get a massive 17.3- inch screen with a display ratio of 16:9.
- Screen Resolution: The screen has full HD resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- Display Type: The screen comes with an IPS display for better viewing and crisp display.
BBEN G17 Processor
In order to power the device, BBEN has added a processor from Intel.
Specs: You get the latest Intel i7 processor with the device.
- This processor has four cores (quad core), each of which is clocked at 2.8 GHz. Using turbo boost, you can overclock the cores up to 3.8 GHz.
- The processor has six megabytes of cache memory for faster processing and multi-tasking
- The processor is made using Nano-technology. Nano-technology helps the processor use less power while providing maximum efficiency.
Graphics: Moving to the Graphics card of the device. BBEN has added a dedicated GPU for the device.
- As your dedicated graphics card, you get a Nvidia GeForce GTX1060.
- Your GPU has a storage capacity of 6 GB.
- You can play any game with better frame rates with a Nvidia GPU.
BBEN G17 Memory
Coming to the storage space, BBEN has added quite a variation to go for.
Internal Memory: Here you get a combination of both SSD as well as HDD drive as your storage space.
- You get a 1 TB storage space as your primary storage drive plus additional 128 GB of SSD for you.
- The drives come with PCI â€“ E interface with a rotational speed 500 M/S.
RAM: The monster processor also requires a lot of RAM and that is what BBEN has added to its new model, the BBEN G17.
- The device comes with 16 GB of DDR4 RAM for all your work.
- Thanks to its broad bandwidth, you will have a shorter loading time.
- The device has two RAM slots, which means you can expand the storage space. Up to 32GB of storage space can be added
BBEN G17 Camera
When it comes to a laptop camera, there is not much to expect.
- There is a single HD camera in this notebook.
- It is best used as a webcam for video chat online.
BBEN G17 Ports & Connectivity
A variety of wired and wireless connections are available on the device. Listed here are some of them.
Ports: This notebook has a variety of ports and jacks for all wired connections.
- 3.5 mm headphone jack allows you to listen to audio or to use it as a microphone.
- The RJ-45 connector allows you to connect your LAN cable or other broadband connection to enjoy the fast Internet
- 2 x USB 2.0 and 2 x USB 3.0 as your USB ports. The USB ports are located on both sides of the device.
- It has an HDMI port for connecting other monitors with bigger and higher resolution displays.
- The battery can be charged via the DC port.
- It has a TF card reader that supports four different SD cards.
Connectivity: When it comes to the wireless connections, you get a variety of hardware that can be used
- Using both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, you can connect to any hotspot and enjoy free unlimited internet access.
- Bluetooth 4.0 allows you to connect any other Bluetooth enabled device and share any files, such as pictures or media, with that device.
- The device includes a WLAN card that lets you create a hotspot. You can now connect all other devices to this network and share content.
BBEN G17 Miscellaneous
Every laptop has a few features that make it stand out.
Additionally, BBEN G17 has added a unique feature that is worth mentioning.
- It has a colorful RGB backlight. You can change the color to suit your mood.
BBEN G17 Laptop Accessories
If you want to get the most out of this laptop, you can add various types of hardware connections.
- You get a charger in addition to the laptop.
- Bluetooth speakers can be used to create a complete home surround system with the device.
- It is best to purchase a laptop bag that can hold this large device to make it easier to carry around.
- Depending on your game, you might want to choose a different gaming mouse. It connects via USB and is ready to play any game.
- If you’re connecting a lot of external drives or pen drives, a USB hub will let you connect with any USB 3.0 device and have more USB ports.
- If you are editing or playing video games, a headset with a microphone will be an advantage.
BBEN G17 Pros & Cons:
In summary, this product has some of the best in-house hardware you can find.
Here are our thoughts on what we liked and didn’t like.
- Multitasking can be supported with a powerful processor coupled with a large RAM to reduce the time it takes to load any application.
- Internal storage space is large, with both SSD and HDD. An excellent combination of speed and capacity.
- A big full HD display
- For a better display and higher frame rate, use an Nvidia graphics card.
- Battery life is average.
- Linux operating system is not very useful for gaming.
Perhaps you are wondering…
What to Look for Gaming Laptops
Graphics cards, or GPUs, are the most important component of a high-quality gaming laptop.
The better your graphics card, the better your game performance…
…and the higher your graphics setting can be.
However, you can’t deny how amazing it is…
…to view high detailed graphics when you are playing a game.
You should also consider how much memory the card has in addition to a higher-quality GPU.
Although the amount of memory doesn’t affect performance…
…it has an impact on how much detail your card can render.
To get the best performance, you need the best video card and the most RAM you can find.
Currently, GeForce 1080 graphics cards from NVIDIA are the industry standard…
…and there are many different options available.
Check out this benchmark from FutureMark to learn more about how each card performs.
CPU and RAM
After choosing your video card, it’s time to think about the second major piece of the gaming laptop puzzle…
…the CPU and RAM. The CPU is the brain of your laptop.
This includes all of its functions, including gaming.
Despite the fact that video games offload the majority of graphic work to your graphics card…
…your CPU will still be doing some processing while you play.
In contrast, RAM determines how much can be loaded into memory for processing.
Consequently, the more you have, the faster your CPU will be able to access it.
To get the most out of your gaming laptop, look for a processor that’s up to the task…
…as well as enough memory to give your CPU the edge it needs.
Today, Intel processors are the only ones that can compete.
The Intel i7 eight generation series of processors is recommended for gaming.
Be sure to pay attention to the letters at the end of your processor model number…
…as not all i7 processors are created equal.
I recommend investing in one of the K line of processors for gaming…
…since it will be more powerful than other i7 processors.
Never go lower than 8GB of RAM, and that is the absolute minimum I would recommend for gaming.
If you want to know how to improve gaming performance on a laptop…
…you should buy a gaming laptop with at least 16GB of RAM.
Anything more than 16GB is not necessary for a dedicated gaming laptop.
Storage can always be a challenge for gamers.
You can store a lot of games on your hard drive, but larger hard drives tend to be slower.
There are two basic types of hard drives today: HDDs and SSDs.
As SSDs are much faster with their read and write times…
…they are ideal for installing your operating system and playing games.
They tend to be smaller, though.
A hard disk drive, or HDD, is a traditional hard drive that has been around for decades.
In addition to being larger, these drives spin slower…
…so they aren’t even on par with SDDs when it comes to read and write speeds.
If you can, I recommend getting both types of laptop.
512GB SSDs are ideal in the market today with a 7200 rpm HDD installed alongside it…
…to give you plenty of storage for your files and maybe a few games…
…that you don’t play often or don’t require frequent load times to work.
The biggest SSD you can get is what I recommend if you have to make a sacrifice.
Having both storage and speed will give you…
…the best of both worlds without spending quite as much money on it.
Fortunately, times are changing, but as of this writing, I believe this is the best option for you.
After you have figured out the most important aspects of your gaming laptop…
…it is time to consider some of the other accessories…
…or added features you will be able to get.
Not every laptop will have every option, but the more options you have…
…the better your laptop gaming experience will be.
A DVD drive is the first accessory you should look for.
Despite it being easy to find laptops without them today…
…many gaming laptops still come with them, but not all of them.
Some games, however, may need to be installed with a DVD before you can play them.
It won’t always be the case, but it’s definitely something to consider when choosing a gaming laptop.
There are many types of accessories available after the DVD drive.
SD Card readers, for example, make it easy for you to plug…
…in your storage for a digital camera or other device.
Even though these features aren’t critical to gaming performance…
…they make your laptop much more useful for tasks other than gaming.
What to Look for in a Display / Screen
Your laptop display is the screen that you will be looking at.
To maximize your gaming experience, there are a couple of important things to consider;
- Size: The size really depends on your preferences. A typical screen size ranges from 13 to 18 inches, but the most popular sizes are 15 and 17 inches. Personally, I prefer the 15 inch screen because the 17 inch feels bulkier. The bigger the screen, the larger the laptop will be and the higher the cost.
- Resolution: Make sure you get a 1920 x 1080 display. This is the bare minimum you need to see clearly. Any less and some images might be blurry, which can ruin some games for you.
- Refresh Rate (hz): You should have at least a 60hz refresh rate. It is the frequency at which the screen updates or refreshes. You want the display to update at least 60 times per second so that you can react appropriately to the game. Anything slower and you will experience lag.
- Nvidia G-Sync and AMD FreeSync:These technologies are proprietary and are available on more expensive, high-powered models. The software improves the interaction between your display and your graphics card and reduces screen tearing, ghosting, and lag. None of these are really necessary, but they are nice to have.
- No touch Screens: Although they seem cool, they’ll actually cost you more in the long run for less battery life. Not necessary.
What to Look for in a Keyboard
The keyboard is the interface of the keys that you press.
This is important as there are several things beyond aesthetic sand comfort that can affect your gameplay.
- Key Travel: Pressing a key will cause it to move down a certain distance. Ideally, you want it to be 1.5-2mm.
- Actuation: The amount of force you need to apply to the keys on the keyboard to register the button press is called the actuation. Usually, I recommend anywhere from 60 to 70 grams, but it really depends on personal preference.
- Anti-ghosting: During a game, you may get into a craze or a combo and press several buttons at once! Anti-ghosting ensures that all combinations are registered so that you can get out that game-ending combination.
- N-Key rollover: You can press any key on the laptop, regardless of what other keys are pressed at the same time, because this ensures that every key you press is registered by the laptop
“Try not to focus too much on battery life when going for a gaming laptop. Gaming machines are resource-heavy and will often deplete battery quicker when in action. A decent gaming laptop will be able to give you 8 hours of juice off the plug and anything more could be too much to ask. However, this shouldn’t matter a lot because, during most gaming sessions, you will be continuously connected to a power source anyway to run your gaming laptop in its performance or turbo mode.”
Lastly, you should consider the design of the laptop.
I would also include the look and feel of the keyboard in this section.
Backlit keyboards are almost a necessity for serious gamers…
…and we all want our gaming keyboards to look cool.
My favorite thing about gaming in the dark is turning off the lights…
…but when I can’t see the keyboard, it can be hard to control my character.
A backlit keyboard is an easy solution to this problem.
Additionally, you want the gaming laptop to look good…
…and many laptop manufacturers go to great lengths to design gaming laptops…
…that look like they mean business, but that’s not always the case.
It’s not crucial to overall performance, and you may not care what the laptop looks like…
…but for many gamers, the design and feel of the laptop are almost as important as how well it performs.
Therefore, choose a laptop that looks great while still keeping up with the latest hardware.
You don’t need to be concerned about battery life if you plan on gaming only while plugged in…
…but it’s something to consider when you’re purchasing a gaming laptop that’s meant to be portable.
It’s estimated that gaming laptops can last anywhere from 2 to 6 hours while unplugged…
…but note that you won’t be able to get the full performance out of the laptop while unplugged.
So that’s all there is to the new BBEN G17;
…it’s one of the best notebooks you’ll find at this price point.
As a Notebook with features like a big screen, powerful processor…
…abundant storage space, and a good battery, it is one of the best.
Choosing a gaming laptop shouldn’t require a degree in computer science.
As a result of reading this guide, you will know what features to look for in a gaming laptop…
…so you can choose a laptop that is right for you and the games you want to play.
We hope you liked this review of the BBEN G17…
…so please share it with others who are looking for a laptop…
…with enough power to play games and do editing.
Let us know what you liked most and what you didn’t like about this G17 notebook.
If you have any questions or problems regarding this laptop…
…then please feel free to comment below…
…and we will get back to you with the best possible solutions.