Why are gaming steering wheels so expensive? Gaming steering wheels are one of the most popular options when it comes to simulating driving in a video game. They can be purchased individually or as part of a package with other accessories such as a pedal set. Read this article until end to know more about why are gaming steering wheels so expensive. In this blog, we also have an article about budget steering wheel stand that you might want to read about it.
A racing wheel is a control device for use in racing video games, racing simulators, and driving simulators.”
What is gaming steering wheel
A racing or driving game control device that allows the use of both hands and feet by allowing simultaneous input from an on-screen direction pad with analog stick controls. This type of controller commonly includes buttons for common functions such as power, start/stop (brake), gears; gear shift indicator lights to show selected position in each range; two pedals which are also used during races where they function like gas & brake but only one pedal can be pressed at once; turbo button – often found near shifter / turn signal switch located just above center stack console area when sitting upright or below dash if laying down due its location) ; lap timer clock display etc.
The best PC racing wheel will liven up any driving simulation experience. Whether you’re masquerading as a rally driver or F1 athlete, having the best PC racing wheel will completely change the feel of the game.”
Why Are Gaming Steering Wheels So Expensive
Steering wheels are usually expensive because they come with the game console and they are used by the players to play games. Steering wheels add to the cost of the console and some of them are even considered as an accessory. Here are the reasons behind the question why are gaming steering wheels so expensive in the market:
- The price of a steering wheel is determined by how many buttons it has and what kind of buttons they are. Most of the cheap ones have 2 to 4 buttons. If you want more buttons then it’s going to get pricey. Some steering wheels can easily go up to $500+ depending on their size, shape, materials, designs etc.
- They come along with the console. Steering wheels need to be mounted somewhere and most of the consoles do not come with any built-in mounting solution. The consoles require assembly and installation process before using it. It needs additional tools and time required to mount the steering wheel properly.
- The design of the steering wheel and its look can affect the overall appearance of the console. Many people prefer darker colors or chrome finish on their steering wheels instead of glossy finishes.
- A steering wheel adds to the weight of the vehicle. So, it affects the performance of the car engine and other parts.
- Steering wheels with large diameter tires are heavier than those with small diameter tires. Also, larger tire requires more friction between the road and the tire making it harder to handle, especially over bumps and potholes. Smaller tire means less resistance and better handling.
- Quality matters! There are always some manufacturers who put together low quality products which will result in breaking apart soon after usage. You don’t want to spend your hard earned money on something that will break after few months. It is wise to buy a product with a good reputation.
- You may find many brands offering similar kinds of products at different prices. That makes it confusing and difficult to choose the right product for yourself. We understand that everyone prefers something unique and special so we recommend our customers to check out all the options available with us.
- If you are looking for extra features then this can increase the price further. For example, some models include air conditioning system, remote keyless entry systems, electric windows, leather seats, multimedia systems, automatic climate control, GPS navigation systems, DVD sound systems etc.
- Steering wheel comes in various shapes and sizes. Different types of sports cars use different shaped steering wheels. Some use round, others square, some use oval etc. If you are buying a new one for your car then make sure that it fits well with the dashboard or else it might cause damage to the dashboard.
- Steering wheels also come in different color schemes. Black colored wheels are common but there are some exclusive white, blue, red, grey or silver colored options too.
- When it comes to accessories, steering wheels are probably the best choice as compared to things like cup holders, center armrests etc. Because, a steering wheel doesn’t take much space but still gives a lot of value to the car.