Do you know how to connect a wireless gamepad to PC? This wireless USB gamepad can be connected to your Windows PC through a standard USB cable. Read this article until the end, and you will know how to connect a wireless gamepad to PC. In this blog, we also have an article about home bluetooth wireless gamepad s600 that you might want to read about it.
A good controller can vastly improve a game’s playability, especially if you play games that were created for console and adapted to PC.”
Gamepad is a special input device which is used to play video games. This is an accessory which provides a full set of controls for the user to play games. In order to play games, you need to use gamepad along with your keyboard and mouse. This can be used in any computer system that has the ability to run games. The best feature of this accessory is that it allows users to control their PC using a single controller. It works just like a joystick.
Wireless game controllers are handheld controllers for gaming consoles that have no cord.”
J.Beam, author from easytechjunkie.com
Types of gamepad
There are two types of gamepads: wired and wireless ones. Wired gamepad has a cable attached to it. You can use this game pad by connecting its USB port to the computer. The connection is possible only if your computer supports USB ports. If you want to connect a wired gamepad to your computer, first make sure your computer’s operating system includes built-in drivers for the gamepad. If there is no such driver available, then download and install them from the internet.
What is wireless gamepad
Wireless gamepad is also known as Bluetooth gamepad. These devices are similar to wired one but they have small batteries inside which provide power to them. Unlike wired type, these battery powered devices don’t require cables to operate. They work on radio frequency technology. They communicate with other devices through infrared signals. Wireless gamepads are designed to be smaller than wired ones. Their size varies depending upon the model of the gamepad.
Benefits of Wireless gamepad
There are many benefits of wireless gamepad. Let’s have a look at them one by one.
- Easy setup and installation. You don’t need to search for cable all over the house because it comes with its own range extender. Just place it anywhere on the floor and start playing! No more fighting with wires.
- Small size and light weight make it easy to carry around.
- It has two USB ports which allow you to charge other devices while playing games.
- It does not require batteries so you won’t have to worry about battery life.
- The noise produced by these accessories is quiet enough to keep anyone from disturbing others.
- It doesn’t take up much space because it weighs only 1 pound.
How To Connect A Wireless Gamepad To PC
You can connect a wireless gamepad to your computer via USB. To connect a wireless gamepad to your computer via USB, you will need to:
- Connect the wireless gamepad to the computer.
- On the wireless gamepad, go to the settings menu and select Bluetooth/Wireless Controller/Settings. You will be prompted to enter the passcode. Enter it and select “OK”.
- Once it finishes connecting successfully, go back to Bluetooth settings and start playing games!
What we clean from gamepad?
It’s recommended to clean your gamepad regularly. There are certain things which should be cleaned regularly. Let’s see what those are.
Dust or dust particles
Dust or dust particles tend to accumulate over time. So, cleaning the dust off your gamepad regularly is good idea. Use a dry cloth to wipe it. Also, avoid keeping your gamepad near vents as it could attract moisture and dust particles.
If you sweat a lot during gaming sessions, then you might notice sweat marks on your gamepad. Use some white vinegar to remove these stains. Mix equal parts of white vinegar and water and apply it to the stain. Wait for 15 minutes before rinsing it away. Repeat this process till the stain is gone. Don’t forget to wash the area afterwards.
Water splashes sometimes occur when you are playing games. For example, if you spill liquid on your gamepad after playing a racing game, then you might need to clean it immediately to prevent the damage. Use alcohol wipes to get rid of such damages. Wipe it completely with alcohol.