Do you know how to clean optical mouse? Optical mice are on the rise, but many people still don’t know how to clean optical mouse. Mouse is the most important tool for computer users. It helps us to control the whole computer system, works as a pointer and a way to store information. In this blog, we also have an article about robotsky optical gaming mouse review that you might want to read about it.
An optical mouse uses an infrared LED light to illuminate the surface.”
What is optical mouse
Optical mouse is one of the best and efficient ways to use computer. It can be used for both a PC and a laptop. It is highly accurate, portable and easy to use. It has sensors that are sensitive to light so that it can detect any movement on the screen. Thus, it can easily move on the screen, as you move your hand over it. It is also very accurate and offers smooth and precise movement on the screen.
All mice are optical, technically, because they take photos, which is optical data. However, the ones marketed as optical models rely on an infrared or red LED that projects light onto a surface.”
Benefits of optical Mouse
Optical mice have several benefits over wheeled mice:
- Without moving components, there is less wear and a reduced risk of failure.
- There is no possibility for dirt to enter the mouse and cause the tracking sensors to malfunction.
- Increased tracking resolution translates to a more fluid reaction.
- They do not need the usage of a particular surface such as a mouse pad.
Before You Buy Optical Mouse
There are many things which you should consider before purchasing an optical mouse. Some of these include:
You need to buy an optical mouse at a reasonable price. Buying expensive products will not give you the same quality. Instead, go with less expensive ones.
2. How much battery life you get
Battery life is another thing to mind about. The more powerful the battery is, the longer it lasts. Do some research on the internet to find out what power source the product comes with and whether it requires charging.
Look at the size and weight of the device. It is important to choose something which fits in your palm. Also, pay attention to the thickness. A thinner device might be easier to carry around.
Look into the quality of the product. Make sure you buy from reputable dealers. They are reliable and offer good support services. Moreover, look for features like anti-static technology and LED lights. These will enhance its performance in different conditions.
How To Clean Optical Mouse
- Disconnect your optical mouse from the computer. Turning the mouse over during the cleaning procedure is necessary; seeing the bottom of an operable optical mouse may be harmful to the eyes.
- Flip the disconnected mouse over. Remove dust and debris from the mouse pads with a toothpick. Excessive junk building in these regions may cause the mouse’s motions to become quite stiff, so be really diligent while executing this step to maintain your mouse gliding smoothly.
- Eliminate collected lint and dirt from the mouse’s front and sides. Dampen a cotton ball lightly and gently dab these spots until they are entirely clean.
- With a dry cotton ball, pat dry your newly cleaned mouse. Once the mouse is completely dry, it may be reattached to the computer.
Is the light from an optical mouse dangerous?
Unless stated as a class 2 laser device, an optical mouse is composed of CMOS sensors and LEDs that are non-hazardous. By and large, all optical mice are classified as class 1 devices, which are not harmful. Even if there is no label specifying the class, you may presume it is safe.