Can you use gaming mouse for work? For a long time, I’ve been using a gaming mouse for work. It has come in very handy, especially when working with spreadsheets and presentations. However, since it is a bit bulkier than the traditional mouse, some people have been asking if it can be used for work purposes. In this blog, we also have an article about razer viper mini or steelseries rival 3 gaming mouse that you might want to read about it.
The main difference between a gaming mouse and a normal mouse is its DPI (dots per inch), which measures how sensitive the mouse is.”
Alex, author from spacehop.com
A gaming mouse is a computer peripheral which is used to play computer games. A gaming mouse is a piece of hardware that allows the user to control the cursor in the game. The mouse can be used for various purposes like gaming, clicking on items in a list, moving the cursor and also for text input. Gaming mice have various types of buttons which are used for various purposes. Some gaming mice have optical sensors which are used to measure the movement of the mouse. These mice usually come with additional features such as USB ports, scroll wheels and side buttons.
A mouse designed for gamers. Gaming mice have adjustable sensitivity, which is configurable as the number of dots per inch (DPI).”
Can You Use A Gaming Mouse For Work
So can you use gaming mouse for work? Gaming mice are perfect for work because they can be used for both work and play. Gaming mice have more buttons and can be used for a variety of tasks. They have a lot of customizable options, which allows you to set up the mouse to suit your needs. The gaming mouse is also very comfortable and easy to use, making it perfect for any kind of work.
Consideration before buy
- Budget – If you do not want to waste a lot of money then it is better to buy a budget-friendly gaming mouse. You should consider the size, shape and weight before making your final purchase. It should be comfortable in hands.
- Number of Buttons – Each type of software has its own requirements regarding the number of buttons. Generally, most of the programs require at least four directional buttons (left, right, up and down) and two extra buttons (or sometimes one button) called “secondary” or “function” keys. So, if you don’t want to spend too much money, you may opt out for an 8-button mouse.
- Optical Sensor – An optical sensor is used to detect the movements of the mouse. This feature helps in detecting the position of the mouse on the surface. For instance, when gaming online, you need to move the mouse quickly from one corner to another. In this case, the optical sensor will help you by giving detailed information about where exactly the mouse is placed.
- Comfort – Most of the gamers say that they feel uncomfortable after long hours of playing. Hence, it is important that you consider comfort while buying a gaming mouse. The buttons should fit comfortably in the hand and there shouldn’t be any defects. Also, look for the presence of soft pads to avoid friction.
- Adjustable DPI – All mice come with different settings of sensitivity. Higher DPI means more accurate tracking. So, if you are someone who plays first person shooter games, then you should go for higher DPIs. Usually, the default DPI of most of the gaming mice is set between 200 and 400DPI. However, you can change it later.
- Weight – There comes a time when you need to shift your mouse from one place to another. While doing so, it is advisable to keep the mouse close to your body. A heavy mouse is often inconvenient.