How to update gamepad drivers? What do you need to know about updating gamepad drivers? If you are a PC gamer, you might be wondering how to update gamepad drivers on your computer. In this blog, we also have an article about review of the redragon g807 12 button wired gamepad that you might want to read about it.
A gamepad, also sometimes called joypad, refers to an input device used for gaming purposes. It is a video game controller that can be held with both hands and has multiple buttons on it to be pressed by the thumbs. Gamepads were first introduced with gaming console systems as a peripheral device to connect the user with the system.”
What is gamepad
Gamepad is a special controller for video games that provides the player with a better gaming experience. The gamepad is generally a hand-held device, which can be connected to a computer through USB. It has a number of buttons and sticks which can be used to control the movements of the player in the game. A gamepad also has an analog stick or two sticks along with some other controls depending on the type of game it is attached to. Gamepads have been around for decades, but they didn’t become popular until recently when they were used in first person shooters .
A good example of a classic gamepad is the Dual Shock 3 from Sony. You may not see this kind of gamepad in the market anymore, but you will still find them online at sites such as eBay. Although these gamepads aren’t very expensive, most people don’t like using them because they require quite a bit of space. For instance, the Dual Shock 3 requires 2 AA batteries and weighs around 4 ounces. There are many other types of gamepads available in the market today.
A game controller, gaming controller, or simply controller, is an input device used with video games or entertainment systems to provide input to a video game, typically to control an object or character in the game.
How To Update Gamepad Drivers
To get the most up-to-date driver, including Windows 10 drivers, you can either browse our most popular Game Controller downloads or search our driver library for the driver that corresponds to your exact Game Controller model and operating system.
If you are unable to locate the correct driver for your Game Controller, you may submit a request and we will locate it for you. Alternatively, you may choose the automated option.
After downloading the updated driver, you must uninstall any previously installed drivers. On a Windows PC, this is accomplished via the use of a built-in tool called Device Manager. It enables you to see all of the devices connected to the PC, as well as their related drivers.
Using Device Manager
Right-click the Start menu in Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 and choose Device Manager.
- In Windows 8, swipe up from the bottom of the screen or right-click anywhere on the desktop and choose “All Apps” -> slide or scroll right and select “Control Panel” (under Windows System section) -> Device Manager -> Hardware and Sound
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Device Manager in Windows 7.
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> System and Maintenance -> Device Manager in Windows Vista.
- Start -> Control Panel -> Performance and Maintenance -> System -> Hardware tab -> Device Manager button in Windows XP.
How to Use Device Manager to Install Drivers
Typically, the game controller driver will be found under the category “Sound, video, and game controllers.”
- Locate the problematic device and double-click it to bring up the Properties dialog box.
- Navigate to the Driver tab.
- Uninstall the program by clicking the Uninstall button and following the on-screen instructions.
- To reinstall, either insert the manufacturer’s disk or run the installer you downloaded onto your computer and follow the on-screen instructions.
- If you’d rather update the driver than remove it, you may do so by clicking the Update Driver button in the Properties box and following the on-screen instructions.
Types Of Gamepads
There are basically two types of gamepads; wired and wireless. Wired gamepads have all the necessary components, including the sticks, buttons and triggers, connected by wires. However, if you’re planning to play games online, then wireless gamepads are recommended. Wireless gamepads use radio waves to communicate between the game console and the game pad. They don’t require any wiring and are easy to set up.
Wired vs. Wireless gamepads
Wireless vs. Wired gamepads are the main differences between the two. Let’s examine both of them so we can make a more informed decision regarding which one to purchase.
- Wires – Connected wirelessly via RF signals
- Radio Waves – Used to transmit information over short distances
If you prefer to connect your gamepad wirelessly, then you should go for a wireless gamepad. These kinds of gamepads are usually smaller, lighter, and less bulky than wired ones. In addition, the battery life is longer since there are no wires to wear out. On the downside, wireless gamepads can sometimes be a little tricky to setup. For example, setting up a Nintendo Wiimote can be a pretty complicated process.
However, wired gamepads can be a pain because they require lots of wires to be connected. This makes them heavy and difficult to carry around. Most wired gamepads need additional adapters to convert the input signal from the consoles into the standard digital format.
In conclusion, both wired and wireless gamepads come with pros and cons. While wireless gamepads offer convenience and portability, wired versions are easier to install and configure. Both types of gamepads provide you with a great gaming experience.