How to clean a desk mat? A clean desk mat is a nice way to keep your desk and workstation clean. While there are many ways to care for your desk, a good mat can make all the difference. Read this article until end, to know how to clean a desk mat. In this blog, we also have an article about best office supplies desk mats faux leather that you might want to read about it.
A desk pad or blotter is a table protector used when work such as painting or writing would otherwise damage the table or desk.”
What is desk mat
Desk mat is a type of flooring that is made of rubber. It is used to keep the surface of the desk clean and neat. Desk mat is available in different sizes and thicknesses. The thickness of the desk mat depends on the size of the desk. In this case, the thicker the desk mat, the better it will be to prevent dust and dirt from getting on your desk. There are many types of mats available in the market today. Some have a vinyl or plastic backing and others do not. They also come with different patterns, designs, colors and textures.
Add a tinge of fun and personality to your home and office with our awesome desk mat designs. A fine-looking desk pad on your work table can make a whole lot of difference when it comes to the ease, comfort, and overall ambiance of your room.”
How To Clean A Desk Mat
- Cleaning your mousepad by hand is suggested. This will ensure that it is gently washed and not harmed. If you’re cleaning a soft fabric mouse pad, soak it in a warm water bath with light soap and water and scrub gently with a towel or rag. If your mouse pad has been stained with coffee or other difficult-to-remove chemicals, it may need to soak longer and be washed thoroughly.
- When cleaning a leather pad, avoid using any cleaning products and instead use a moist towel soaked in warm water. If leather pads are kept in water for an extended period of time, they may become irreversibly ruined.
- Rinse the pad well and place it on a surface where it can dry. Avoid direct sunlight, since this can cause the colors in the pad pattern to fade.
- Scrub your mouse pad gently. If the pad’s edges are sewn, it should be alright in water with moderate scrubbing effort. However, if the edges are not sewn, vigorous cleaning may cause the pad to shred around the edges. This does not render the mat unsuitable, but it will ultimately degrade and need replacement.
- The majority of mousepads will be good if machine cleaned. You must run the washer on cold water otherwise the rubber on the inside and back of your mat will melt.
- As previously noted, leather pads should never be immersed in water.
- Other cotton mousepads are easily washable. A pad with stitched edges is more secure in the washer because it will not tear along the edges and corners.
- Under no circumstances can the pad be dried. Arrange the mat on a flat place where it can dry. Keep it out of direct sunlight to avoid fading the color and pattern.
Benefits of desk mat
There are many benefits associated with using a desk mat. For example, you can use a floor mat to:
- Protect your furniture from moisture spills
- Prevent static electricity buildup when working on computers
- Reduce noise level at work place
- Provide a comfortable walkway for people and pets
Types of desk mat
If you want a good quality office mat, then you should take time to research various types of mats before going out shopping. After all, one size does not fit all! Here are some of the common types of mats found in the market today:
Rubber and synthetic mats
These are usually made of foam rubber and other synthetic materials. These are ideal for indoor use because they provide comfort and protection against heat and cold. However, these mats tend to wear out quickly if they get wet.
Most of the office mats we find in the stores today are made of vinyl or plastic material. Although these materials are durable, they cannot withstand moisture well. If you plan to use a mat outdoors, then go for a plastic mat instead.
This is a long lasting mat that comes in different styles. They come in large sizes and small sizes as well. Leather mats are generally used for outdoor purposes only.